Tip – Acrylic Block Collage!Posted by Paula_MoreThanFavors on Nov 7, 2012 in Pink by Design Stamps | 4 comments
Well I hope you enjoyed our post on Monday and we hope that you are going to enter our color challenge! We sure are enjoying posting 3 projects each this week and we hope you are enjoying seeing them. Our Tip today was suggested by Dawn she saw this on Splitcoaststampers and she did a beautiful job using this pretty neat technique! Check out her project:
Here is Gloria's Project:
Here are the instructions on how to achieve this Look!
1. Using markers or stamp pads, ink up an acrylic block (your choice in size – we used straight edged blocks as well as wavy edged) with 2-4 colors, beginning with the lightest color and moving to the darkest.
2. Spritz the block with water and immediately stamp onto cardstock (we used white most of the time – or kraft occasionally). Let dry (a few minutes at most).
3. Mask the rest of the cardstock so only the stamped block area is showing (we used 2 post it notes thick around the whole block area so the ink didn't bleed through to the rest of the card).
4. Stamp several other images using light and/or darker colors (your choice), filling as much or as little of your block area as you wish.
5. Remove the masks and stamp another image and/or sentiment in the darkest color (most of the time we used black ink for a good contrast).
I hope you have all enjoyed today's post and that you will be joining us for the Weekly Challenge where you can with a $10 Pink by Design Gift Certificate! CLICK HERE to join the challenge! .
Thank for Joining us Again and don't forget to come back on Friday for our non-card projects!